The NTR housing scheme is one of the most crucial schemes launched by the Andhra Pradesh government in the year 2016. As the name suggests, it is meant to offer housing options for the under-privileged sections of the society. Purchasing a house requires huge capital and not all are economically blessed to afford it.
Under this AP NTR housing scheme, the Andhra Pradesh Government coordinates with a financial organization to provide housing loans to people who meet specific requirements. Recent reports have shown that almost 4 Lakh houses have been built by the state government with the implementation of the program.
Unique features of NTR housing scheme
Here is a list of features that this government scheme –
- One of the most unique features of NTR is that alongside providing safe shelter to the underprivileged, it even offers energy-saving appliances. It is basically meant to take an initiative towards energy saving for the future.
- This housing initiative is not only limited to rural areas; rather, it covers urban areas too.
- As far as eligibility is concerned, all BPL card possessors are liable to gain benefits from this scheme.
- There are certain eligibility criteria that one needs to follow like he/she should be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh; they should not possess house or land offered by any government schemes etc.
- Easy availability of affordable home loan for the beneficiaries.
Details regarding the registration process
The registration process begins once the authorities enquire about an applicant’s economic condition. Three kinds of surveys are conducted simultaneously which includes district level, central level, and state-level surveys for assurance on the part of a lender. These surveys are meant to check whether a person is homeless or not. After the completion of these surveys, application procedure begins.
Beneficiaries have to follow these steps to register –
First step: Head over to the official website of AP NTR.
Second step: Click on the “Gruha Pravesh Mahotsvam Ben” tab.
Third step: Choose the function type and key in scheme name in the new page.
Fourth step: After selecting a particular scheme, go to the “Get Report” option.
Applicants will find a report section containing the long list of beneficiaries and choose the one for which they have applied for.
Close view at the documentations
The following documents are needed to be presented for beginning with the process to get a home loan in India.
- The first and foremost pre-requisite is submitting identity details. For doing the needful, the applicants have to provide with the voter ID card or Aadhaar card.
- Bank accounts details are mandatory during the documentation process.
- Next, the beneficiary is expected to submit documents to provide their permanent or present address. In fact, they must also mention the length of time they have spent in a particular home.
- The measurements of the houses are important information which is to be provided by the applicants.
To avail home loans under the AP NTR scheme, specifications regarding family income, type of work, number of dependents and working family members are required. Individuals opting for this scheme are eligible to avail subsidies on housing loan interest rates under PMAY CLSS.
Hence, availing housing loans under the AP NTR scheme has become considerably hassle-free. Beneficiaries must also make sure to calculate their EMIs with a housing loan EMI calculator before applying.