The lifeblood of Internet users in Social Media! It is a fact that no one can deny. Our world revolves around Facebook, Instagram, and a slew of other fantastic apps from the moment we get up to when we go to sleep. Do you, however, know many fascinating facts about them? Most likely not! So, what are you holding out for? Read on if you wish to learn about all of the Social Media Facts.
Active Users of Social Media Network
The following are the monthly active users of the most prominent social media networks as of January 2022:
- Facebook: 2.91 billion monthly active users
- YouTube: 2.562 billion monthly active users
- Whatsapp: 2 billion monthly active users
- Instagram: 1.748 billion monthly active users
- Snapchat: 557 million monthly active users
- Telegram: 550 million monthly active users
- Pinterest: 459 million monthly active users
- Twitter: 436 million monthly active users
- Reddit: 430 million monthly active users
- Quora: 300 million monthly active users
We have mentioned some interesting facebook facts which you should read about to to know more:
- Al Pacino was the first person to have a “face” on Facebook. An early version of the site featured a header image with a man’s face obscured behind binary code.
- Facebook uses 36.8 percent of the world’s population every month.
- Every day, across Facebook apps, over 1 billion Stories are shared.
- The 35-44 demographic prefers Facebook as their preferred social platform.
- Users of Facebook spend an average of 19.6 hours per month on the social media app.
- On average, people spend 33 minutes per day on Facebook.
- Mark Zuckerberg is colourblind in the red-green spectrum. This is why Facebook’s primary colour scheme is
- blue – though it doesn’t hurt that blue is also strongly associated with trust and security, two concepts critical in convincing people to share their personal information voluntarily.
- On Facebook, videos are the most popular type of content to share.
- Facebook adds half a million new users every day, equating six unique profiles every second.
Isn’t this the common app we use for entertainment as well as education purposes? But did you knew about these below mentioned facts about youtube
- The 35+ and 55+ age groups are the two fastest-growing demographics for YouTube users.
- YouTube is available in 76 languages and 88 countries, reaching 95% of all internet users.
- On Valentine’s Day, 2005, the domain YouTube.com was purchased. Jawed Karim, the co-founder, posted the first video a little more than two months later.
- In October 2006, Google paid $1.65 billion for YouTube.
- YouTube has 98 different versions.
- More than 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- YouTube pulls a prank on its millions of users every April Fool’s Day.
- Music is the most frequently searched-for topic.
- Hello by Adele was the first video to reach one billion views in the shortest time. In just 88 days, it had one billion views.
Here are some interesting whatsapp facts:
- WhatsApp does not spend any money on advertising, marketing, or user acquisition.
- WhatsApp is prohibited in 12 countries worldwide, making it the most restricted app.
- Every minute, more than 29 million messages are sent via Whatsapp.
- Facebook purchased Whatsapp for $19 billion.
- WhatsApp is the world’s third most downloaded Android app.
- In 2013, WhatsApp launched Voice Messaging.
- WhatsApp’s net worth exceeds the GDP of several countries.
- WhatsApp reached 1 billion downloads for the Android version in 2015, despite having only 5 employees.
- It supports 60 languages in total.
Instagram has gained so much popularity specially after covid. It has helped so many small entrepreneurs with their business and many more. Read to know about some interesting facts about instagram:
- Instagram was launched on October 6, 2010, quickly gaining 25,000 users.
- On July 16, 2010, the co-founder, @kevin, posted the first photo. The photograph depicts a dog.
- The most popular hashtags on Instagram are #Love, #Instagood, #Me, #Cute, and #Follow.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, and sushi comes in second place.
- Instagram is a social media platform based in the United States. However, 80 per cent of Instagram users are located outside the United States.
- When Instagram introduced videos, more than 5 million videos were uploaded in just 24 hours.
- With 149 million followers, Cristiano Ronaldo is the most followed Instagram user.
- Facebook purchased Instagram for $1 billion in 2012, just two years after its inception.
- Instagram is a combination of’ instant camera’ and ‘telegram.’
- According to one study, approximately 8% of Instagram accounts are fake.
- On an average day, Instagram receives approximately 4.2 billion likes. On the other hand, 80 million photos are shared on Instagram every day.
- Every day, one hundred million accounts post a Story.
- The majority of Instagram users are between the ages of 18 and 29.
Facts On Snapchat
Snapchat facts which you would love to know and also with the help of TechyHost, know about apps like snapchat to enhance your social media.
- Taco Bell, Inc. Paid $75,000 for the Taco Filter/Ad 4 in 10 for 24 hours. Snapchat users claim to have discovered a new brand via posts and celebrity endorsements.
- Snapchat’s Swipe-Up Rate is 5x that of typical social media click-through rates.
- Snapchat video ads generate twice as much purchase intent as other ad formats.
- Snapchat users spend 25-30 minutes per day on the app.
- Picaboo was Snapchat’s original name.
- Mark Zuckerberg Attempted to Purchase Snapchat
- Facebook & Instagram Borrowed Ephemeral Content from Snapchat
- Every minute, 2.1 million snaps are sent.
- Every day, Snapchat receives over 10 billion video views.
- Snapchat was the first to pioneer vertical video ads intended to be viewed vertically on a mobile phone.
- Snapchat was also the first to use ephemeral content, which displays videos, photos, and media that are only visible or accessible for a limited time.