- 1 WHAT IS GLASS RAIL?
- 2 TOOLS USED IN INSTALLING BEST GLASS RAILING DESIGN
- 3 Square and Drawing Instruments
- 4 MATERIALS USED IN ACHIEVING BEST DESIGN FOR GLASS RAILS INSTALLATION
- 5 MERITS OF GLASS RAIL BEING USED IN CONSTRUCTING OF POOLS, STAIRS AND BALCONIES
- 6 DEMERITS ATTACHED TO THE CONSTRUCTION OF POOLS, STAIRS AND BALCONIES USING GLASS RAILS
During home construction, a lot of protective measures should be considered so as not to get the exteriors and interiors spaces damaged. Railings can be made of different materials like aluminum, stainless steel, wood, iron and the best amongst them which is glass. Anyone who opts for the use of glass railing knows better when it comes to making the right choices. Railings made of glass is understood to be the best because of its ambient, attractive and transparency appearance.
They are one of the last home items installed and as a result, time and focus are given to get the best of design. Before now railing construction has been something that is done without style and innovation. But since the emergence of glass like railings the reverse is the case. Glass railing has become the most preferred by most homeowners not minding the cost of construction. This type of railing, in particular, is uniquely made with quality materials that offer safety and durability.
In this article, we shall be taking a look at the meaning of glass rail and best practices that can be adapted when constructing a home pool, stairs, and balcony.
WHAT IS GLASS RAIL?
Glass railing can be explained as a form of barrier or support that is used in stairs, balconies and pools construction. It is made of tempered glass for added protection, strength and durability. One great feature of this glass is its ability to withstand unnecessary shattering when broken unlike when the regular glass was used.
TOOLS USED IN INSTALLING BEST GLASS RAILING DESIGN
Installing glass rails in homes requires the use of tools. These tools are needed in achieving best and easy glass rail installation be it at the home pool, stairs, and balcony. Whether doing it yourself or the use of professionals, these tools will help make the process much easier and faster. Here is a list of some of these tools:
Square and Drawing Instruments
- Measuring Tape
- Safety Goggles and Hand Gloves
- Measuring Tape
- A tool to Smooth and Sharp the Edges and Corners.
MATERIALS USED IN ACHIEVING BEST DESIGN FOR GLASS RAILS INSTALLATION
There are hardware materials required for the installation of glass rails. You want a long-lasting, unique and design-driven appearance; these materials are what will help you in achieving such feat. They include the following:
- Slide in Glass Panel
- Mounting Brackets
- Drill and Drilling Bits
- Top and Bottom Rails
- Glass Panels etc.
MERITS OF GLASS RAIL BEING USED IN CONSTRUCTING OF POOLS, STAIRS AND BALCONIES
There are a handful of benefits that can be derived in choosing glass rail over other railing materials like wood, iron, aluminum, etc. One major reason is that glass rails come with whole new experience. Below are some of these benefits:
- Easily Maintained: After installing glass rails homeowners need not worry on how it will be maintained. This is because it does not require much to keep them clean.
- Resists Breakage: Some people always do have a second thought when wanting to make use of glass in rails because they think it easily breaks. The truth is, it resists breaks or cracks and that is because the glass is made of tempered glass.
- Glass Rail Does Not Rust: Unlike the use of other railing materials like aluminum, stainless steel, iron and others that does rust, glass railing doesn’t. Being used is an assurance of longevity.
- Easily Installed: Glass raking with the right materials and tools does not require much during installation. With the right direction, installation is made easy.
- It Adds Glamour: Glass rail adds a clean, neat and natural beauty in any home. With its wonderful design, anyone who throws a glance is left with a long-lasting feeling of glamour.
DEMERITS ATTACHED TO THE CONSTRUCTION OF POOLS, STAIRS AND BALCONIES USING GLASS RAILS
Constructing pools, stairs and balconies also has disadvantages just the same way it has advantages. These disadvantages are some of the reasons why homeowners have decided not to buy the idea of using glass rails to construct their pools, stairs, and balconies. Some of these disadvantages are listed below:
- High Cost: The very reason that deprives some homeowners the use of glass rails in their construction is the cost of purchase. As a result, they settle for other railing materials that will cost them less.
- Glass Rail Transparency: The ability for people to see through it is another major problem to some homeowners. The use of glass railing deprives you of doing or having a confidential conversation. This has greatly affected the demand for this product.
- Regular Glass Rail Maintenance: There are so many glass destructive agents like haze and streaks. These glass agents take away the beauty of the glass and leave it in an appalling condition. Regular maintenance is required to keep the glass free from these agents and this is tiring to some homeowners.