Are you facing challenges when it comes to the creation of unique and attractive pages on your website? Or, you are having frustrations because you must hire a web designer for simple tasks? If so, relax because your problems could be solved by a recent WordPress plugin developed by Thrive Themes team, known as Thrive Architect. In this article, we know about and review Thrive Architect plugin and teach you how you can create attractive web pages with ease, without using a lot of time and money. Here is the review:
What is Thrive Architect?
Using the WordPress editor to create web pages is similar to visiting a physician. You cannot predict what will happen.
Although WordPress is a fantastic blogging tool, building web pages that appear professional was not its purpose. But, the WordPress developers are looking forward to addressing the issue through their Gutenberg project. WordPress support service is available for 24/7.
Before that, you require a WYSIWYG editor which allows you to create pages with ease. Thrive Architect is a visual WordPress page builder plugin which assists you to build attractive, conversion-focused pages.
As per Thrive Themes, the Thrive Architect is the fastest and most automatic WordPress visual editor.
The concept of the developer was to allow you to create your web pages within a short time with the help of the drag & drop editor. As a result, you will avoid spending many hours working with HTML, CSS, and short codes.
Here are the things you can do using Thrive Architect:
- Build product launch pages, webinar pages, sales pages, and others.
- Customize your blog posts with features such as styled lists and content boxes to ensure they are unique.
- Create landing pages that have built-in lead generation elements for building your mailing list.
- Make a homepage using any of the pre-designed templates. Or, by adding features such as Columns, Buttons, and Icons on your theme.
Creating pages with Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect has two ways of creating a page. There are:
- Use of a pre-designed landing page template.
- Or, starting from scratch using a blank template.
The two ways are good and authorized. But, you should decide on one way that you desire to use.
Here is how to do start:
- To build a new page, click the “Launch Thrive Architect” button.
- This action opens a new window:
- The default header menu is on top of the page, as well as the page title which you are expecting to view from your theme.
- On the top right-hand side of this page is the “+” button icon. Click it. This action will result in the appearance of the Thrive Architect Menu.
Now, let us see how the menu functions.
How to use the landing page templates?
There are many pre-designed landing page templates on Thrive Architect. Besides that, the good thing about these templates is that you can nearly publish them instantly. However, you must edit the copy to fit your business needs. Even so, there is a foundation for a fast start. Click on the “cloud” button icon. As a result, a template window will display.
Landing page template sets
The landing pages of Thrive are grouped in Template sets. At the moment, their library has 40+ landing page template sets. But, more are expected to come.
Every set of pages utilizes similar design features to make a similar see-and-feel. For example, the Atomic Template set comprises of:
- Webinar Replay page.
- Download page.
- Webinar Registration page.
- Lead Generation page.
- Webinar Streaming page.
- Video sales page.
- Confirmation page.
- 2-Step lead generation page.
How to customize a template?
After selecting your landing page template, you can go ahead with modifying it using the WYSIWYG visual editor.
Every page comprises of some elements. For instance, Icon, Button, Heading, and others. Further, the editing choices of the page shows in the sidebar menu immediately you choose an element. For example, assuming you have chosen the Heading element, then you can alter the color, and use a background style. Also, you can add a border, or change its design and position among others.
Tip: Thrive Architect shows the element in different locations on your screen. Thus, you are certain that the content you are editing is appropriate.
Adjusting the page to suit your branding and style requires a few clicks. Also, you can save your template version for future use.
Moreover, the most important thing to keep in mind is that all the changes are instant and seen on the editing screen.
Starting from scratch with a blank page using Thrive Architect
In some cases, building your page from scratch using a clean canvas is the ideal. For example, you might visit a website and fall in love with its design. And, you decide to create something like that.
Here are three adaptable and robust design elements which you may utilize to create your page:
In addition, the complete-width background may not appear like a big deal. This feature is not available on every page builder.
“Content covers whole screen width” is the primary setting, because it lets you have a complete-width background, irrespective of the WordPress theme in use.
Moreover, you can add some additional settings to make your background. For example, adding an image as the base layer and applying a good color layer on top. To make the effect you desire, you are free to add the layers you want. For instance, video, pattern, and gradient color background.
Besides that, there another essential feature to use is the complete-width background area, and two columns to make a vertical split-screen effect. The vertical split design allows you to add various content elements. For instance, video screenshots and a video camera. Or, text and image among other combinations.
This is a dual-purpose design component in this plugin. One, it works like a content container for having many elements that you intend to treat the same way. Second, you may apply it in highlighting vital sections of content.
Have you built a content box which you think you might use in the future? Then you can save it like Content Template. This is an established concept of Thrive Architect.
Addition of testimonials on your page is an authorized means of showing social proof. Because of this, Thrive Architect offers you with more than 30 customizable testimonial templates.
Addition of lead generation choices
Almost all landing pages have a common goal, which is generating leads. For this reason, Thrive Architect has two kinds of lead generation to apply on your landing page. These are:
- The 1-step opt-in is the default lead generation technique when building your landing page, drag & drop the lead generation element which is on the sidebar to your page.
- You are free to stack the fields either vertically or horizontally. Besides that, it is possible to modify other features such as text and color.
2-step opt-in with Thrive Lightbox
This is the second lead generation technique in Thrive Architect. And, it utilizes the built-in Thrive Lightbox element.
In this method, you are the one who decides the element that will act as the trigger on your page. Also, you invoke the light box using the Animation & Action choice. For example, you can configure a Button Click to launch the light box that has a zoom effect.
Likewise, the landing page template functions the same. Also, similar to all Thrive Architect pages, you can modify the design of light box using the visual editor.
Email service connection
Irrespective of the lead generation method you are using to get email addresses, you must connect your email service with the lead generation form.
Besides that, Thrive Architect allows you to integrate your email service via an API connection. Or, through an HTML form.
Further, Thrive Architect features API connections to almost all email service providers.
Examining if your page is mobile responsive
All pages that you have created with Thrive Architect are mobile responsive. Thus, it does not matter if you used a template or started from scratch. However, this plugin has three more mobile responsive features which assist you in creating distinct pages. These includes:
Previewing your page on various screen sizes
When creating your pages, you are a few clicks away from examining its appearance on different screen sizes.
Toggle the visibility of your elements, and the whole content blocks
You can decide to show or hide any element or content-box that has many elements. So, you either enable or disable the Visible or Hidden buttons on the elements.
Fine-tune every detail
You can fine-tune the design and position of elements for various screen sizes without creating duplicate elements.
Indeed, ensuring your website is mobile responsive is essential because many people are now using a mobile device to browse the web. Besides this, you can offer the best encounter to your visitors using Thrive Architect, irrespective of their screen size.
Components of Thrive Architect
Up to this point, you have come across the various primary page building parts in Thrive Architect. However, there are others. Here are some of these components:
Apart from Lead Generation Forms, Content Boxes, Testimonials, and Call to Action Buttons, there are four additional conversion components in Thrive Architect. These includes:
- Credit Card Icons-complete scalable credit card icons create a trust to your visitors.
- Content Reveal– helps you to hide some content up to a certain time. This is ideal for sales videos because you allow the purchase button after reaching the pitch of that video.
- Countdown Timers– the animated countdown timer, as well as evergreen countdown enables you to have some sense of urgency on your pages.
- Styled Lists– you can showcase your selling points clearly using bullet points with customized style and icons.
- WordPress content– this allows you to change existing WordPress content to Thrive Architect content, as well as managing it in the self-contained block. Also, you can hire a content writer who can write SEO friendly content for your website.
- Video– you can embed your self-hosted video, Vimeo, Wistia, or YouTube on your page.
- Table of contents– automatic generation of a table of contents with anchor links that goes direct to every section of your page.
- Table– utilize the innate HTML table maker and editor.
- Social share– adding social share buttons is possible, as well as choosing to hide the share counts up to a specific number.
- Post grid-displays the grid of WooCommerce products, or even blog posts.
- Google map-allows you to attach Google map to your site if you have an offline business.
- Click to tweet– promotes social sharing of your content.
Advantages and disadvantages of Thrive Architect
- Easier to utilize and make your visual designs.
- Allows you to develop unique content.
- It is a lightweight plugin, irrespective of built-in features.
- Higher amounts of connection with various email service providers.
- Affordable prices.
- Has extra mobile-responsive components.
- Features elements that are conversion-focused to use on your page.
- Comes with many organized landing page templates.
- A good number of landing page templates appears less managed
Thrive Architect is a fast and automatic visual editor. This editor gives impressive outcomes compared to others. So, if you are looking for a more effective means of making attractive and engaging WordPress content, Thrive Architect is your best option. WordPress helps you to understand Thrive Architect help.