- 1 What is the HP printer in error state?
- 2 Possible reasons for HP printer Error State
- 3 How to Fix Hp Printer is in an Error State Problem
- 3.1 Step 1. Check your Printer Connection and try to Restart the Device
- 3.2 Step 2. Update the printer driver or reinstall it
- 3.3 Step 3. Run Troubleshooter
- 3.4 Step 4. Check for paper Load
- 3.5 Step 5. Unplug the Cable
- 3.6 Step 6. Check your printer whether it is Online or not
- 3.7 Step 7. Contact the printer manufacturer
The US-based IT company Hewlett Packard manufactures in the globe laptops, desktops, and printers. The brand has always offered high-end technologies for troubleshooting errors with its products, however, sometimes the device creates some annoying technical issues like Hp printer in error state which is the most common problem. Today in this article we will discuss the same and the reason and solution to fix the error.
What is the HP printer in error state?
Sometimes when you are using Hp printer you might find an issue Printer in Error State. In this error, you are unable to print the document or unable to connect the printer. This is the most common error you will face when you are using the Hp printer and you do not need to worry about this. We will discuss some easy steps to fix this issue but before that, we will try to find why this error occurs.
Possible reasons for HP printer Error State
When you try to print the document you will find Hp printer has stopped working and you will get a window popup saying a Hp printer not printing state. This error will restrict you from responding to your print command that you give. There are a number of reasons you might face this issue. The main reason for this problem is an incorrectly connected USB cable or an operating system problem. The issue could also be raised by wireless, USB, Bluetooth and wired link problems, and even driver problems. If you are looking for the solution to this then you not need to worry because we will discuss some easy steps to solve this error.
How to Fix Hp Printer is in an Error State Problem
Here we are going to discuss an easy and effective way to fix your Hp printer not printing state problem:
Step 1. Check your Printer Connection and try to Restart the Device
This is the first thing you can try to fix the issue and is the easiest one. Do check your connection between the printer and the computer function correctly. Check for all the connections and the network devices working properly.
Sometimes Restarting the device can simply fix the issue. You can switch off your computer and printer and leave it for few minutes. Turn them on after that and see if the error is gone. Restarting the various connected devices can most often fix HP printer not printing problems with an error state.
Step 2. Update the printer driver or reinstall it
A printer in error state issue may be also due to the faulty or incompatible printer driver. You need to update and reinstall the driver to fix the hp printer is in an error state.
To reinstall the printer driver ensure that your printer is connected to the computer and then follow these steps:
- Switch on the printer. Then insert your device with the EPSON CD-ROM.
- Click Reinstall Printer Driver. Then follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall your driver.
- Then click on exit to close the options menu.
Step 3. Run Troubleshooter
Try to run the troubleshooter, it might sometimes help to fix the Hp printer not printing state problem. You can run the troubleshooter as follows:
- Check for all the connections properly and make sure that the power supply is on.
- Now run the troubleshooter.
- If this does not work then you need to change the driver.
Step 4. Check for paper Load
It is also important to check if any paper is loaded in the tray which might cause the error. So you need to switch off the printer and then turn on and wait for a while to check if the Hp printer is in an error state has been fixed or not.
Step 5. Unplug the Cable
Unplug all the cables connected to the computer through the printer. Then connect the cable and try to see if the issue has been resolved. This easy steps sometimes also help to fix the error.
Step 6. Check your printer whether it is Online or not
You need to check whether your printer is online or not. This issue also occurs when your printer is Offline. You can check it as follow:
- Click on Start option and select Control Panel
- Next, choose Devices and Printers option
- Check if the printer is offline. If your printer is online, the status will show as Ready.
- Set the printer online by right-clicking on Printer and choosing the option that says Use Printer Online.
Step 7. Contact the printer manufacturer
If you tried all of the above methods and still you are not able to fix your Hp printer is in an error state then you need to contact the manufacturer of the printer to find the problem and fix or replace your printer.
I hope this article will help you to fix your problem hp printer is in an error state. If you still have any issue related to this then you can feel free to visit the website or contact the customer care support.