Collagen is a plentiful protein in our body which binds the tissues in our skin, bones, tendons, muscles, and blood vessels. The ability to produce collagen decreases with age.
Whereas we can’t measure the collagen level, but lack of collagen in our body is a link to hair loss, joint pain, dullness of skin, etc. Unhealthy lifestyle choices such as too much alcohol consumption, overeating junk, etc. can also be the reason. Collagen can be made from two constituents naturally or by taking required supplements.
Collagen Production Naturally
When the body makes collagen, it requires amino acids obtained from eating vitamins and proteins needed by our body present in food like citrus fruits, eggs, meat, green vegetables, etc.
Here are some superfoods to boost your ability to produce collagen:
- Citrus Fruits: citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, and lime, which are high in vitamin C, helps amino acids (lysine and proline) convert to collagen.
- Almonds: Almonds are packed with protein which supports collagen production and full of healthy fats, zinc, B1, B5, B6 and vitamin E. They are a good source of magnesium which helps your nervous system.
- Sunflower Seeds: sunflower contains zinc, vitamin B1, magnesium, protein, and also full of iron and copper, which prevents the breakdown of collagen.
- Orange Vegetables: orange vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, apricot, mangoes, etc. will help you fulfill the need of vitamin A, which restore and regenerates damaged collagen.
- Dark Green Vegetables: dark green vegetables are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, all of which are important for the collagen.
Dark vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, kale contain chlorophyll, which helps increase procollagen.
- Walnuts: Walnuts contain a large amount of omega-three fats, vitamin E, vitamin B, and zinc. Walnuts help you control blood sugar level, which helps insulin function. Lack in insulin cause skin to suffer, which can cause acne ad dullness in the skin that weaks collagen production.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are a rich source of omega 3 fats and also fulfilling due to t their high soluble fiber content. Other benefits of chia seeds are that they are rich in vitamin B and a large number of minerals.
- Garlic: Garlic is rich in sulfur supports damaged collagen fibers. They add taurine and lipid acid, which help increase collagen production.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain a heavy amount of amino acids that protect our skin from sun damage. As collagen fiber in the skin can also get damaged by high sun exposure. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C and contain 30 percent of important nutrient for collagen.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin seeds are known as the richest plant sources of zinc, iron, and magnesium to reduce your skin aging process, acne and strengthen your immune system for healthy collagen production.
- Kiwis: Kiwis are high in vitamin C, which helps your body produce collagen, a connective tissue protein that helps firm your skin.
- Oysters: Oysters are a rich source of zinc, a mineral that stimulates collagen synthesis and is required for bone function. Zinc helps slow down the breakdown of collagen cells.
A collagen pill contains up to one gram of collagen per pill which contains a good amount of vitamin C and helps produce more collagen in your body. Collagen liquid and power are also available in the market for individuals who don’t want to have pills or have a problem in swallowing them. One should avoid taking pills who are already involved in a well-balanced diet.
Some of the benefits of taking collagen supplements are:
- Collagen supplements will improve your skin and can help reduce the effects of aging.
- These supplements will give you strong, healthy-looking hair.
- It helps arthritis patients by improving joint flexibility.
- Collagen can improve the flexibility of blood vessels, which helps blood flow more freely.
- Collagen supplement helps stimulate the production of proteins, which is important for muscle growth.
- Some other health benefits of collagen are to maintain a healthy weight, improves mood, promoting healthy nails, etc.
Collagen Beauty Cream
One of the well-known benefits of collagen beauty cream is its ability to promote glowing, vibrant skin. It adds a film layer to your skin to reduce water loss and protect your skin from excessive sun exposure and sunburn. But using collagen beauty cream probably is not as healthy as healthy eating.
There are many creams available in market one of which is mason collagen beauty cream, which is one such product that gives great and visible results. It helps to reduce wrinkles mason collagen beauty cream reduces the amount of cellulite in your body. Cellulite is a common occurrence in the human body. Some people may have more of it compared to others.